How Can I Grow My Eyelashes Naturally?
While a few coats of mascara can make your lashes look fluttery and Bambi-like, there’s something about naturally long eyelashes that adds gravity.
It’s not just about the looks: As you get older, your lashes wilt and snap off, which goes hand in hand with dryness and breakage. In other words, increasing length also maintains your lashes stronger and healthier. Who wouldn’t want that? Various procedures and beauty products might help you develop thicker and longer eyelashes. With these suggestions, you can learn how to grow your eyelashes longer and thicker at home.
Why Are Your Eyelashes Not Growing And are Falling Out?
For a variety of causes, your eyelashes may be on the shorter side. Because of chemicals like mascara or prescription eye drops that can dry out the hair or cause the lashes to break mid-shaft, your eyelashes become brittle and fragile. Or, rubbing your eyes could be the other reason. Your lashes grow on a four to eight cycle, rubbing it means you are pulling them out, and if you do that , lashes won’t grow back.
What Causes The Eyelashes To Thin And Shorten?
A few factors can cause your lashes to fall such as:
- Getting older – This is the most prevalent cause of lash loss, affecting both men and women as they become older.
- Menopause – Because estrogen is vital in the creation of collagen for the maintenance of good skin and hair, a decrease in its levels during menopause may result in thin lashes.
- Hormonal imbalances – Thyroid hormone abnormalities can cause skin damage and hair loss.
- Roughly handling your lashes – While removing eye makeup, vigorously scrubbing your eyelashes.
- Allergic reactions – Specifically to eye cosmetics
- Application of eyelash extensions – The glues used to secure the artificial lashes contain chemicals that might be annoying or dangerous. You may suffer from redness, burning, or eyelid irritation as a result of this chemical reaction, which may result in eyelash loss.
- Chemotherapy – medicines used to treat cancer that induce hair and lash thinning.
- Certain medical diseases, such as blepharitis, an underactive/overactive thyroid, psoriasis, alopecia areata, eczema, or trichotillomania
- Poor aesthetic hygiene, such as leaving eye makeup on overnight, can promote lash thinning.
Eyelash care steps To have longer and stronger lashes
When it comes to growing your eyelashes, there are numerous DIY tips that you should try before seeking prescription treatments. Many people have had success utilizing these products to encourage hair growth along their lash lines. However, as with any product, consult with your doctor or dermatologist before incorporating new items into your cosmetic routine to ensure that there are no severe medical reasons for your lash loss.
These techniques, when used consistently, can result in the fluffiest lashes you’ve ever had. So, to give your lashes that more oomph, here are eleven ways to grow your eyelashes without using falsies.
- Always remove makeup and grime with water. Use a gentle makeup remover, such as micellar water, to remove your eye makeup. To thoroughly remove your eye makeup, soak a cotton ball in the solution and press the pad against your eye for ten seconds. Avoid pulling your lashes and use gentle strokes. Use an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup and grime while moisturizing and nourishing the lashes. Makeup and grime accumulation can irritate and dry out your lashes, causing eye infections and lash loss. Wash your face every day to promote eyelash health.
- Check your lashes. Brush your eyelashes gently upwards with a spoolie or a clean mascara wand. Brushing your lashes untangles the lash strands, allowing them to grow straight. You can also use a lash comb to remove any remaining dirt or dust from your lash hairs.
- Maintain a nutritious diet. Making dietary modifications might also help your eyelash health. Foods that promote hair growth and include omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish, leafy greens, and avocado, provide your eyelashes with the nutrition they require to grow thick and strong.
DIY hacks to have stronger and healthier lashes:
These hacks and strategies highlight many home remedies you can apply to boost your natural lashes:
1. Apply oil on your lashes
Natural oils, such as castor oil, coconut oil, and olive oil, hydrate and promote healthy growth of the lash hairs. Using a clean mascara wand or a cotton swab, apply the oil to your lashes. While the oil moisturizes and prevents lash hair loss, it also darkens the lashes, giving the illusion of longer, stronger lashes.
2. Apply lash growth serum to the damaged area
Using a growth serum to address hair loss and produce longer lashes can assist. Lash serums, which are formulated with elements that promote hair growth, such as peptides and antioxidants, assist boost the growth process, resulting in healthy, long lashes. Swipe the wand of an eyelash growth serum across your lash line to apply it. Before introducing a new eyelash serum into your cosmetic routine, see your dermatologist or eye doctor.
3. Aloe vera moisturizes
Aloe vera gel is another DIY option for moisturizing and strengthening dry, brittle lashes. Aloe vera is both relaxing and hydrating, and it increases collagen, which nourishes the eyelashes. In place of aloe vera gel, a small amount of petroleum jelly can be applied on your lashes to hydrate and nourish the hair follicles. Keeping your eyelashes hydrated with these natural methods might help avoid damage.
4. Consider taking vitamins
Collagen and biotin both help the body’s hair development process. Consider taking collagen or biotin supplements if your lashes are weak and thin. Consult your doctor before adding new supplements to your routine to identify which supplement is best for you and to discuss any potential adverse effects.
5. Make use of lash-boosting mascara
Applying lash-boosting mascara is another approach to achieve long eyelashes. These nutrient-rich mascaras contain some of the same active chemicals as lash growth serums, which assist to lengthen and volumize your lashes.
6. Green tea
Green tea, the ingredient grown to adore for its numerous health and aesthetic benefits, offers still another advantage for you. Green tea consumption and application have been shown to be an excellent strategy to stimulate hair growth and improve hair health. Green tea’s flavonoids and polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG)(2) boost the length and volume of your lashes. Green tea, whether consumed or applied to the lashes, has a significant effect. Place a green tea bag on your lids to develop eyelashes and soothe tired eyes at the same time, or just dip a cotton swab in green tea and dab it on your lashes every day.
Eyelash serums are a popular part of the skincare routine since they help lashes look thicker and longer. When choosing an eyelash serum, there are several factors to think about. An expert has put together this list to help you decide which brand or product to buy based on your preferences and requirements. The best eyelash serums must be created with natural, organic, chemical-free, and gluten-free components. Being vegan, affordable, and cruelty-free are also essential considerations.
Here is one of the best eyelash serums. WooLash is a well-known American brand that offers the best eyelash serums to its loyal customers. Adding this eye care brand to your skincare routine will help you get longer, thicker and fuller lashes in a short period of time. The WooLash eyelash serums contain natural ingredients that really work and cause no side effects.
Are eyelash serums good or bad?
Eyelash serums, like the WooLash eyelash serum, have grown in popularity in recent years, and we believe it is for the correct reasons. Eyelash serums, like facial serums, contain a range of active components that work hard to protect your lashes and encourage fuller, healthier lashes. The lightweight nature of the serum, which has a nice balance of oils, vitamins, and nutrients, allows it to soak into the follicle without creating irritation. Additionally, eyelash serums, which contain some fantastic hair-raising chemicals, provide a safe and one-stop solution for promoting the growth of weak, thin, and sparse lashes.
So, if you’re having issues with your lashes, we strongly advise you to invest in a high-quality eyelash serum.
Consider your lashes to be microscopic hairs (which they are!). To enhance length, a balance of promoting growth internally and hydrating the hairs you already have is required.