How to Recover Deleted Files on Mac？
Instances of losing data on a Mac accidentally are quite common, no matter how careful you are. But thanks to modern technology, getting back your deleted data isn’t as complicated as it was a few years ago.
Thus, if you’ve lost important files on your Mac due to any reason, there’s nothing to worry about. In this article, we are going to teach you how to recover deleted files on Mac quickly and safely.
Part 1: The Right Way to Recover Deleted Files on Mac
While trying to recover deleted files Mac, be sure to consider the below tips to increase the recovery chances.
- Do It Quickly: Try to start the recovery process as soon as possible. Note that different methods have different recovery times, which also depends on how much data you’re planning to recover. Success lies in choosing the solution or program that takes the least possible time.
- All Methods are not Effective: Today, the internet is full of data recovery tools, all claiming to be the best in the business. Not all these tools are reliable and worth your time and money. So, choosing the right program is very important to get back your lost data.
- Understand Your Technical Skills: Acknowledge your limited computer skills. Not everyone is a tech geek, and honestly, there’s no need for it. We have plenty of tools that offer a user-friendly and intuitive procedure for recovering deleted files on Mac.
Part 2: Recover Deleted Files on Mac with Tenorshare 4DDiG (100% Effective)
Looking for the most efficient solution to recover deleted files on Mac? Look no further and get Tenorshare 4DDiG. With its advanced recovery algorithms coupled with a sleek interface, it is arguably the #1 Mac data recovery program.
The latest version allows users to customize the scanning process to search for any specific file. Plus, you get stellar functions like super-fast recovery speed, compatibility with both Mac and Windows, and the ability to recover data from external devices as well.
But most strikingly, it lets you apply filters like date, size, and file type, to arrange the recovered data in groups. This comes in handy when you recover loads of files and need to sort them out using any filter.
- The app offers a three-click procedure to recover your lost data on Mac.
- It can retrieve every type of data including photos, videos, music, contacts, Word, PDF, and more.
- Using GPU acceleration, boosts the data recovery speed up to 60 times of normal programs.
- It allows you to customize the scanning process and search for any specific file type.
- Users can preview the data before saving it.
- Comes with a sleek and modern interface.
Ease-of-use is the most prominent trait of 4DDiG. Check out how to recover deleted files on Mac using this program:
Step 1. Install and run Tenorshare 4DDiG on your Mac. On its home interface, select the hard drive where you lost the data and hit Scan to get started.
Step 2. The program will take some time to recover your data. Click on any file type under File View to get more details.
Step 3. Preview your files and if you’re satisfied, hit Recover to save them on your Mac.
Note that you shouldn’t save the recovered files in the same location where you have lost them.
Part 3: Recover Deleted Files on Mac without Software
To answer your queries, recovering deleted files on Mac is possible without using any third-party program. The chances of recovery are less but still, it’s worth a try.
Check out the below two simple solutions.
Method 1: Check the Trash Can
All the deleted files on Mac automatically go to Trash Can. So, the first thing you should do is head to Trash Can and look for lost files.
Note that this solution works only if you have manually deleted the files accidentally and have not emptied the Trash Can. Here’s how to use it:
- Open the Trash Can icon on the desktop.
- Find and right-click your deleted file and hit “Put Back.”
- The file will be returned to its original location.
Method 2: Use Time Machine
Time Machine is a built-in data backup service for Mac computers. If you have enabled the Time Machine backup before losing data, then cheer up.
Use the below steps to Mac recover deleted files using Time Machine backup:
- Use Spotlight to search for and enter Time Machine.
- Use the up and down arrow on your keyboard to find the specific files you want to restore using the onscreen up and down arrows to locate them.
- Hit Space Bar to preview any file.
- Click on the “Restore” button to recover the lost file.
And there you go. We have presented a step-by-step guide on how to recover deleted files on Mac. The solutions like recovering data from Trash Can or Time Machine backup work under specific cases.
But if you have lost the data permanently and want to get it back quickly, install Tenorshare 4DDiG. With this program, retrieving any data even on external storage drives is at your fingertips.
For any questions, feel free to contact us.