IPSOS iSay Review – Make Extra Money With Online Surveys
Everyone wants to earn extra money. Just about everyone enjoys sharing their opinions. That’s what makes survey sites — which pay you to complete surveys — so interesting.
Taking online surveys is one of my favorite pastimes. I’m a member at quite a few different sites. Although the extra money is nice, you’re not going to get rich or even replace your day job with online surveys – the money is more icing on the cake rather than the cake itself.
Nonetheless, using survey sites is a great way to have your opinion heard and effect change in the products and services you use. And one of the best is Ipsos iSay. Read on to find out if it’s worth signing up for.
What Is Ipsos iSay?
Ipsos iSay is a market research company that was founded in 1975. The company conducts surveys for major brands, political candidates and parties, and public organizations. It even gauges the effectiveness of public service announcements.
If you take one of the surveys, you are rewarded for your time by way of iSay points, or stars. Most reward redemption options value each point at $0.01, but if you choose the PayPal option, the value of points is slightly lower — likely to cover the cost of PayPal transfer fees.
Although Ipsos iSay only offers surveys as a way to make money today, some reviews suggest it recently underwent an overhaul, cutting previous services out of the loop. Various sources describe a loyalty program where users were paid for brand loyalty, but that doesn’t seem to exist anymore.
The company also brought in a massive audience years ago with a Poll Predictor Facebook game where users would predict the outcomes of polls for rewards. Unfortunately, that Facebook app isn’t live anymore either.
Nonetheless, the company didn’t need all of these bells and whistles. In my review of its current services, I found the crystal clear focus on surveys to be refreshing. This focus makes the website more user-friendly, a rare attribute in the world of online surveys.
How Ipsos iSay Stacks Up
Ipsos iSay isn’t the only website that pays you to complete surveys online. One of the company’s most worthy competitors is Survey Junkie. Check out the table below to see how the two compare.
|Ipsos iSay||Survey Junkie|
|Earnings Per Survey||No stated pay range. I found surveys typically pay between $0.50 and $0.75.||Various sources suggest pay ranges between $0.50 and $3.00.|
|Payout Methods||Virtual Visa, PayPal, e-Gift Cards||PayPal|
|Ways to Get Paid||Surveys||Surveys, Focus Groups, Product Testing, and Phone Interviews|
What Sets Ipsos iSay Apart?
Ipsos iSay has been around for nearly half a century. Any company that survives that long is the result of hard work, dedication, and at least one or two things that really set them apart. iSay is no different.
- Meaningful Surveys. The first survey I took was very politically charged, allowing me to share my opinions on topics that are typically taboo. The second survey was about fatherhood, which was important to me as a father of two. The third survey had to do with gardening and organic food. As an avid gardener, that hit the spot for me too. I thoroughly enjoyed taking the surveys.
- A Trusted Leader. The survey industry is full of scams. When you work with Ipsos, you know you’re working with a legitimate company that has been serving customers for more than 45 years.
- Availability. Most legitimate survey sites are only available to a select few countries. iSay is available in more than 100 countries around the world.
Advantages of Ipsos iSay
As a leader in its industry, it only makes sense that working with the company comes with a few advantages. Some of the biggest advantages to joining Ipsos include:
- Low Cash-Out Threshold. Some survey sites make it difficult to earn enough points to actually cash out. This isn’t one of them. The payout threshold is just $5, or about 10 of the lowest-paid surveys on the platform.
- Enjoyable, Meaningful Surveys. Survey sites never provide significant income, so it’s important that the surveys are on topics you care about. These surveys hit that nail on the head.
- Comprehensive Mobile App. We live in an on-the-go world, and Ipsos knows it. That’s why it offers a mobile app that’s just as comprehensive as the online iSay panel. The iSay app is available at the Google Play or Apple App store.
- Easy-to-Use Site. There are a few negative reviews about the company getting rid of features outside of paid surveys, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing. This pinpoint focus resulted in what I believe to be the least convoluted and easiest-to-use survey platform online today.
- Useful Rewards. You can cash your points in for a wide range of e-gift cards to popular brands or a virtual Visa gift card, or you can have Ipsos send money directly to your PayPal account.
Disadvantages of Ipsos iSay
Ipsos iSay is an impressive paid survey platform, but no company is perfect. Before you sign up, you should consider the following disadvantages.
- Limited Number of Surveys Available. It took about an hour for surveys to start populating in my survey panel. When they did, I only had three available options with a total payout of $2. You may get more or less depending on your demographics, but don’t expect to have a long survey queue.
- Low Earnings Potential. This is the norm across all paid survey websites, but it’s worth mentioning. You can make a few extra bucks a month — maybe $40 or $50 if you’re lucky and diligent. But you’re not going to get rich.
- Removed Features. I can’t speak about iSay features that no longer exist. From my perspective, the new focus on simplicity is welcome, but some longtime users seem to be turned off by the lack of additional ways to earn.
Key Features of Ipsos iSay
I spent quite a bit of time using Ipsos iSay while putting together this review, and I can say without hesitation that it’s one of the easiest-to-use survey platforms in existence today. These are some of my favorite features.
Staying with the easy-to-use tradition of the platform, it’s simple to sign up. Just click the “Sign Up” link in the middle of the home page and enter your basic information – name, email, and password – to join Ipsos iSay. Next, check your email to confirm your email address and you’ll see the screen below:
Now, fill out a few more details about yourself and verify your mobile phone number, and you’re in.
When you log in for the first time, your screen will look like the screenshot above, but the profile completion percentage will be 0%. Fill out simple surveys about yourself to bring your profile completion up to 100% and get the best chances of receiving survey invitations.
Surveys Relating to Your Topics of Interest
No matter what survey site you use, chances are you’ll make less than minimum wage for your time. The majority of the benefit of these sites is the ability to share your opinions and play a role in effecting change.
iSay surveys were refreshingly related to my topics of interest. I took three of them and they took between 10 and 20 minutes each to complete, but I never got bored.
Remember the survey completion score above? You have to answer about 20 minutes of questions about yourself to get that score to 100%. By then, the platform knows you pretty well.
I’m not sure what proprietary technology the company’s using to match you with surveys associated with your personal interests, but whatever it is, it’s working. So, when you work with Ipsos iSay, you don’t just get to share your opinion, you get to share your opinion on topics that matter to you.
Ipsos iSay has a clean, easy-to-use dashboard. When you log in, you only have four options: Logout, Surveys, My Profile, and Rewards – and every option is right in view. Check out the screenshot below:
There’s a list of available surveys on the survey screen. Each survey shows the rewards you earn and gives you the option to start. Although I like the survey topics, it is worth mentioning that you don’t know the topic of the survey until you take it. It would also be nice to know how long it takes the average user to complete.
Nonetheless, the simplistic nature of the platform makes it incredibly user-friendly.
Impressive Rewards Options
For me, rewards aren’t the most important part of being part of the survey community, but they are important nonetheless. And redeeming them is always exciting.
Ipsos iSay works with several leading brands, which gives you the ability to cash in your points for options like Starbucks, Walmart, iTunes, Target, and Amazon gift cards, among others. You can also take advantage of a virtual Visa prepaid card or cash out with a PayPal funds transfer.
In most cases, the points are worth $0.01 each, and the size of the reward depends on the number of points you’re redeeming. However, if you choose the PayPal option, the points are worth about $0.0098 each.
You can also cash your points out for a charitable donation to the Ipsos Foundation. If you choose this option, your donation will support global outreach and educational programs for underserved children around the world.
Finally, you can cash your points in for Ipsos Market points where you can find rewards from top retailers at discounted prices.
You earn 100 iSay points for each referral you bring to the platform, up to 60 referrals per month. Although this isn’t the most rewarding referral program in the paid survey market, it’s always nice to make a few extra bucks when you can.
The vast majority of survey sites are geared toward a small, highly targeted audience. That’s not the case with Ipsos iSay. The platform is available in the US, Canada, and more than 100 other countries around the world.
Is Ipsos iSay Legit?
Ipsos iSay is a legitimate survey website. Unfortunately, that’s a question you have to ask in the survey space because there are tons of scams that never pay and may even make money from selling your information.
This isn’t one of those companies.
Ipsos is a global market research company, one of the largest of its kind. The company has more than 15,000 employees around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries.
The company has a C rating with the BBB, but when you dig to find out the reason, it’s because the company failed to respond to one complaint. That’s not bad for a company that serves thousands of companies, political candidates and parties, and public organizations, plus countless survey takers around the world.
The bottom line is that Ipsos is one of the largest data aggregation and survey companies in the world. That doesn’t happen if the company is managed by a group of fraudsters.
Alternatives to Consider
Ipsos iSay isn’t the only paid survey site online. There are tons of other survey websites to consider. Check out the table below for information on other popular options.
|Product Service||Best for|
|Survey Junkie||Multiple ways to earn.|
|Swagbucks||Some of the highest paying surveys, though you still won’t get rich.|
|FreeCash||$0.10 industry-low payout threshold.|
|Branded Surveys||Bank transfer payouts.|
|Prize Rebel||Get paid to play games.|
|Univox Community||More frequent survey opportunities.|
|Survey Time||No payout threshold.|
Online surveys are a great way to have your opinions heard and earn a little extra cash for taking the time to share them. If you’re thinking about getting involved, you should strongly consider signing up with Ipsos iSay.
The platform is easy to use, surveys are refreshingly relevant, and the rewards are worth tapping into. There’s no question that it’s one of the best survey sites online today.